Friday, February 27, 2009

WELCOME TO FRIDAY FLEA MARKET

CZECH GLASS PICTURE NAIL COVER

NEW ~ VICTORIAN STYLE PICTURE NAIL COVERS

I really do love to find and sell vintage items that can be recycled and put to good use in our lives. Why not? The quality of workmanship back in the day is so high. I also love great collectibles.

Recently, in some research I was doing I discovered a beautiful alternative to having nail heads showing on some of the items hung on my wall. Back in the Victorian era, homes had picture rail moldings to hang pictures from. Of course, not every corner of the house could use them so nails were used instead. Keeping with the beauty and elegance of this glorious era, Victorian buttons were used to cover the ugly head of the nail. They were called "picture nails". Picture nails were very popular a century ago and they are becoming popular once again.

Being the button lover that I am, I just HAD to give it a try. In my rather large stash of collectible and vintage buttons, I found a group that are just perfect for the job!

I am offering Picture Nail Buttons made from mostly my Czech Glass buttons. I hope you like them. I just cannot find enough things to put these gorgeous buttons to use with!

They are currently listing in my Etsy Store.

Thank you for stopping by.....HAPPY HUNTING!!

SOLD!!!! THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know you were here.